Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

night on the town

[ramblings about midnight trips to 42nd street at 3 am from time to time back in the late 8o's]

10 hours from sleep on an 8 hour night. Eyes all covered to shield me from the night. Suffering too intense, for a man, with no might. Only the wrong touch, could rub me just right.

Wandering all the wrong streets, till way past late. Never ever drink alone, till you're ready to test fate. Listen to the man argue with himself, loose the debate.

Empty your soul in sleep, while I pile it high - AWAKE!

Watching all these people, so impossible it seemed that all the dirty people were so sincere and all the clean people were mean!

All those people at these places, hiding their faces with only anonymity as a shield at this hour.

Thought they would hit 42nd Street, pray tell what lust awaited.
Their souls felt so dirty, as they masturbated.
Back out side in the rain, drunken fools elated.
While high school teens discover,
these streets, I'd decided I'd hated.

Back to the 'Vill', back to the places I've grown to love.
E-train downtown, yellow cabbie assassins prowl the night above
throngs of people, west 4th street, - push and shove
shuffle me to the street
road kill
a grey dove

No comments: